... This weekend.
- I actually like high school football. The high school where I lead Young Life at is undefeated and in the state playoffs. And I really find it exciting. Minus sitting out in the freezing cold, it's fun to watch the kids I know and love, be excited and proud of their peers and their community. I'm honored that I get to play a small part in that and participate in their excitement.
- No matter how many puppies I see, they're always exciting. On Sunday my parents got the cutest little next puppy named Alfie. I'm in love. He's a havanese. Don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures to come.
- Lake Michigan is gorgeous. On Saturday my dad and I drove up to western Michigan to celebrate my grandma's birthday and to be with family. My grandparents live in a small town with one stop sign (not even a light, just a stop sign!) right on Lake Michigan. I think that God has blessed us abundantly by painting beautiful skies for us but there is something different about a fall sky over water.
- The book Perks of Being a Wallflower is just as good the second time around. I read the book going into my freshman year of college and loved it. I'm in a book club with some friends and we chose it again. There are so many different things that stuck out to me but I loved it all the same... "Charlie, we accept the love we think we deserve." Gosh, gets me every time.
- As I was following the Kansas Jayhawk football score on twitter this weekend and was yet again said to see a loss. I had a moment realizing that the Kansas Jayhawks play their first regular season game on Friday. Watch out southeast missouri state. I'll be wearing my game day flannel Friday.