Monday, October 22, 2012

Things I Learned...

... This weekend.
  1. Bookstores are the best place to spend a rainy day. Every month I (try) take a day of solitude. It's one day each month where I turn off my cell phone, don't check my email (or facebook/twitter/etc.) and try to be still and not be ruled by my schedule. On my schedule day of solitude it was super rainy which stifled my plans of sitting at park all day, so instead I headed to Barnes & Noble. I could spend hours looking at books. I recommend it!
  2. There's something special about being at my childhood home. Both Friday and Saturday I got to spend time in the town I grew up in. There is always a calmness exists when I'm there. Home is a good place.
  3. High school girls are just the greatest. Saturday night I had a sleep over with 6 high school girls that are involved in my local Young Life club. I can't remember the last time I stayed up until 3 AM or the time I laughed so hard. Can't believe that's part of my job.
  4. Self serve frozen yogurt is a dream. My order? Original frozen yogurt, raspberries, graham cracker crumbs, and dark chocolate chips. Heaven in your mouth.
  5. It's good to be around friends that know you the best. My close friend Lisa from college stopped through Chicago on her way home from a wedding and spent the whole day with me on Sunday. Even though she lives in Colorado we've been able to see each other six different times in just over a year. Thankful for so many opportunities to be with her. There's something so freeing being with people that just know you. 

1 comment: