Monday, May 20, 2013

Things I Learned...

... This weekend.
  1. God gives us such a gift in hearing "me too." I've heard that said many times before but it rang very true for me last night. My close friend Laura from high school is in town for just under a week. You may remember reading about her wedding in Napa here. Anyway, Laura's in town so Gwen and I grabbed dinner with her Sunday evening. We spent most of our meal sharing what life has been like over the last couple months since we all had been together over the holidays. It felt like each time one of us shared, a "gosh, me too" followed. And not in a "I want to point the conversation back to me" way but it in a way truly understanding. Grateful for those moments, grateful for those gifts.
  2. I'm a sucker for my hometown (pictured above.) I spent both Friday and Sunday night there. Oops? I know people don't get it, or maybe think it's weird to love where you grew up so much. I just do.   
  3. Wedding season is upon us! On Saturday was Becca's "bachelorette" deal in the city. We spent the day at a spa then went to dinner and out for some drinks. For the last couple months there have been many different celebrations but we're now on to the big day. First up, my good friends Sadie & Kyle, this weekend in St. Louis. Cannot believe it's finally summer.
  4. Eleanor & Park is a must read. I'm 100 pages in and hooked. So what if it's another young adult novel, right?
  5. I'm going to be closer to 30 than 20 in a short nine days. I'm turning 26. What? Yikes, where did this year go??

No comments:

Post a Comment