... this weekend.
- If you take the train into the city make sure to check the train schedule so you make it back home. On Saturday I went into the city for the day and didn't want to deal with parking so I took the train. One thing I didn't do was plan my way back. When I arrived at the train station to come home, I had missed a train by 4 minutes and then next one wasn't for another 2 hours. Oops? Good thing JJ is the best and came in and got me. He's pretty good to me.
- Just one Christmas carol in September isn't a bad thing. In Church this morning we sang "Joy to the World." It was awesome. Those lyrics are incredible and should be sung more often.
- Going on walks by yourself are a great way to clear your head. I'm starting to realize that so much of my life is controlled by my calendar and am not very good at carving out time alone. On Friday I decided I'd go for a walk around the prairie path close to my home minus my phone plus my camera. Freedom.
- You don't have to talk to someone everyday to still be a good friend. My old college roommate Cori was in Chicago for the weekend and I had the chance to catch up with her on Friday night. Cori and I haven't seen each other in over two years but it felt like we didn't skip a beat. Grateful for those kinds of friendships.
- The Renegade Craft Fair is the best thing ever. If you live in Chicago, Austin, Brooklyn, Los Angeles, San Francisco or London. You must go. I'm serious, go.