Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fashion Before Comfort

Dress: J.Crew. Shoes: Nine West. Hat: J.Crew. 
Necklace: F21. Earrings: H&M. Sunglasses: F21 



One of my good childhood friends and my brother's best friend Kyle got engaged to a wonderful young woman named Sadie a handful of months ago. This weekend we got to celebrate their engagement at Arlington Race Track here in Chicago. I must admit, I am not much of a horse fan or really a gambling fan. But I will tell you, I am a huge fan of the fashion. You want me to wear a cute dress with a big hat? I am in.

 I really do love this outfit a lot. When I got this dress I didn't think I'd get the opportunity to wear it much but thank goodness for weddings, I've been able to wear it to many bridal showers and engagement parties. 

Although I'm a fan of this dress, it was not the most practical for a day at the track. A 90 degree day in fact. I did not even think to look at the temperature when I got dressed in the morning. Oops? As I was dripping with sweat all day (and complaining,) JJ kept teasing me about my high school motto, "fashion before comfort." I instantly regretted sharing that story with him. And you know what, as ridiculous as it may be, I will still stand by it. Even if I am a hot mess of myself at a race track. 

Lesson learned, I need to check the weather first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment