My sophomore year in college I started making monthly soundtracks (and by soundtracks I really just mean playlists.) People often ask me if there's a certain process I go through to pick the songs but to be honest, I have absolutely no criteria. It's often music off new albums or by artists I love but usually every month a random gem will make its way on there. I mean come on, who doesn't love a couple random songs from the 90's?
After twelve months, I replace last year's month playlist with this year's. It's been really fun (and funny) to look back and see what I was listening to the year before or during different seasons of my life. I also am not ashamed to admit that I'm a sucker for a good pop song, so please, don't judge but please, do enjoy!
Here's "May 2012."
- If I Wanted Someone - Dawes
- I Will - Brandi Carlile
- Big Parade - The Lumineers
- Dilemma - Nelly (feat. Kelly Rowland)
- New Year's Eves - Greg Laswell
- Everybody Talks - Neon Trees
- Up On a Mountain - The Welcome Wagon
- Countdown - Beyonce
- King and Lionheart - Of Monsters and Men
- Ho Hey - The Lumineers
- It's Settled Now - Greg Laswell
- All Alone - Fun.
- Little Bird - Lisa Hannigan
- Tonight and Forever - The Damnwells