Monday, May 28, 2012

May Twenty Twelve


My sophomore year in college I started making monthly soundtracks (and by soundtracks I really just mean playlists.) People often ask me if there's a certain process I go through to pick the songs but to be honest, I have absolutely no criteria. It's often music off new albums or by artists I love but usually every month a random gem will make its way on there. I mean come on, who doesn't love a couple random songs from the 90's?

After twelve months, I replace last year's month playlist with this year's. It's been really fun (and funny) to look back and see what I was listening to the year before or during different seasons of my life. I also am not ashamed to admit that I'm a sucker for a good pop song, so please, don't judge but please, do enjoy!

Here's "May 2012." 

  1. If I Wanted Someone - Dawes
  2. I Will - Brandi Carlile
  3. Big Parade - The Lumineers
  4. Dilemma - Nelly (feat. Kelly Rowland)
  5. New Year's Eves - Greg Laswell
  6. Everybody Talks - Neon Trees
  7. Up On a Mountain - The Welcome Wagon
  8. Countdown - Beyonce
  9. King and Lionheart - Of Monsters and Men
  10. Ho Hey - The Lumineers
  11. It's Settled Now - Greg Laswell
  12. All Alone - Fun.
  13. Little Bird - Lisa Hannigan
  14. Tonight and Forever - The Damnwells

No comments:

Post a Comment