Monday, April 15, 2013

Things I Learned...

... This weekend.

  1. Blue skies make an already wonderful day even better. It has been the worst weather here in Chicago the last couple weeks. It's been cold and really rainy. But finally, on Sunday blue skies appeared. I was lucky enough to get to spend that lovely day in the city at Dose Market with my future sister in law. If you're in the Chicago area, it is a must! 
  2. I tried on a handful of things yesterday at Anthropologie. Apparently I only like two things right now, stripes and a melon color palate. 
  3. I feel like over the last couple months I've been learning a lot about expectations. When are they good? Do we ever communicate them to other people? How have they hurt me? What are my expectations of others, myself, of God? I finally have been able to put into words how I feel about them... I really believe expectations rob joy in our lives. 
  4. I love Chicago sporting events. In 24hrs I went to the Chicago Bulls game with my mom (when they beat the NY Knicks in over time!) and the Chicago Cubs game with some coworkers (when they beat the SF Giants!) Even if you're not a huge fan of those teams, it's hard not to be when you're at the United Center or Wrigley Field. It's contagious. 
  5. I'm grateful my job allows me to see friends from all over the country. This weekend there was a conference in the Chicago area which brought friends of mine from Michigan, Colorado, Kansas, and Indiana all to one place. Fun to see folks that you don't always get to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment