Thursday, April 25, 2013

Authentic Me


So I'm sure by now you're sick of hearing about me reading The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown. I promise, this is the last post about it (at least for now...)

One of the things she talks about towards the end of the book is the way that dancing, music, and laughter are foundational to living a "wholehearted" life. I could not agree more. One thing she made for herself is a playlist called "authentic me." It is a collection of songs that make her feel like herself. She didn't explain much why she chose songs but left it at that. 

I decided to make my own "authentic me" playlist. 
The list below are either songs I never get sick of listening to, have impacted me in different ways, make me want to get up and dance, or songs I just simply love. 

  1. The Seed & the Ground - JJ Alberhasky
  2. By the Mark - Gillian Welch
  3. Countdown - Beyonce
  4. Carry On - Fun.
  5. Gathering Stories - Jonsi
  6. Lost and Found - Katie Herzig
  7. The Trapeze  Swinger - Iron & Wine
  8. 23 - Jimmy Eat World
  9. Rain - Patty Griffin
  10. Shine - David Gray
  11. Portions for Foxes - Rilo Kiley
  12. Years and Years - Sidehill Winders
  13. Land of the Living - Matthew Perryman Jones
  14. How the Day Sounds - Greg Laswell
  15. Raconte-Moi Une Histoire - M83
  16. After the Storm - Mumford & Sons
  17. My Love - Justin Timberlake feat. T.I.
  18. Window in the Skies - U2
  19. The District Sleeps Alone - The Postal Service
  20. Chicago - Sufjan Stevens
  21. On Your Porch - The Format
  22. Arms - Christina Perri
  23. Blood Bank - Bon Iver
  24. Blood - The Middle East
  25. I Thought - The Kevin Reid Project
  26. Need & Thread - Sleeping at Last
  27. Kids - MGMT
  28. Shake it Out - Florence + The Machine
  29. Dog Problems - The Format
  30. Land of Hope and Dreams - Bruce Springsteen
I've got this on repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment