Monday, December 3, 2012

Things I Learned...

... This weekend.
  1. The Half the Sky documentary is just as powerful and wonderful as the book. Half the Sky's vision is to spread awareness of that educating women is what is going to change families, communities, countries, and the world. Check out more information here.
  2. Simply just holding a cup of coffee always makes me feel better. 
  3. Working with close friends makes work not just manageable but truly enjoyable. Over the weekend I worked a weekend camp for hundreds of high school students with Young Life. Although it was a lot of work being able to work alongside people I love is such a blessing.
  4. Old fashion colored Christmas lights are my favorite. Last night JJ and I took his dog Flash for a walk around his neighborhood. The houses were all decorated so beautifully but the ones with those colorful bulbs will always be my favorite.
  5. I don't like when it's sixty degrees in Chicago in December. I might be singing a different tune come February but right now it's suppose to be cold and snowy. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for #5. Everybody's all "Hey I'm not complaining! The earth is going to explode but it's 60 degrees in December!" Whatever. I'm complaining.

    ReplyDelete