Monday, November 26, 2012

Things I Learned...

... this Thanksgiving holiday in photographs.

1. Sweet & spicy sweet potatoes with red onions are a dream. This was the first year at Thanksgiving we didn't serve traditional sweet potatoes. It was the right decision. Especially for the left overs.

2. I'm grateful that my family lives so close to one another. JJ and I got to spend Thanksgiving with both of our families. It was nice that we were able to share the holiday with both of parents and grandparents.    

3. There is such thing as "smart casual" or "dressy jeans." On Saturday I went to tea with my two best friends from high school, Gwen & Alex, and Gwen's mom for Gwen's birthday celebration. We called ahead to make sure that we were dressed appropriately for the event and we were instructed that the attire was "smart casual" and if we were to wear jeans, they need to be dressy jeans. Who knew that was even a thing?
4. Puppies just never get old. Here's Alfie. 
5. JJ surprised me last week with some beautiful fall flowers and they really just make a room feel better. There's something special about fresh flowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment