Monday, October 1, 2012

Things I Learned...

... This weekend.

  1. The sound of a kitten purring is one of the best sounds. Ever. 
  2. The skyline of Chicago is breath taking. This past weekend I got to celebrate my older brother's engagement. The event took place at this incredible condo overlooking the Chicago river. It had the most stunning views of the city. I love that even though I've grown up with this city it still feels exciting to me.
  3. September 28th is way too late in the game to have your first pumpkin spice latte. I don't know what my deal is this year. Usually I am the first at the door the last day in August when the chalkboard sign is out front reminding me that they're back. But not this year. And I will tell you, poor choice on my part. They are so delicious.
  4. I need to spend more time with my grandparents. I got to see my dad's parents this weekend at the engagement party. I just think the world of them. I'm grateful to still have part of my life. They're pretty incredible people that I've surely got a lot to learn from. 
  5. Setting your alarm for 3:01 AM is vicious (but worth it sometimes.) This week I'm heading to Honduras!! I mentioned here on that my boyfriend JJ filmed a documentary there last year. He's in the process of editing it right now and needs to go back to get some last minute things, and I'm going with! Don't worry, I'm going to take lots of pictures!


So this is will be my only post this week, but 
I'll be back next Monday with "What I Learned... Honduras edition." 
Until next time! 
Enjoy your week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment