Monday, August 20, 2012

Things I Learned...

... This weekend.

  1. Some people are jerks. I flew to Malibu, CA to visit JJ for the weekend while he was out filming some videos for Pepperdine University. On my flight out there, someone stole my cell phone. Like we tracked it on my iCloud and I watched my phone travel around Inglewood, CA for an hour and a half stolen. I have returned back to Chicago sans iPhone. I'm embarrassed how much it has bugged me.
  2. Surprises really are the best. One of my favorite bands for a long time has been Fun. I fell in love with them (well the lead singer Nate) back when they were The Format. On Friday night JJ surprised me and got us tickets to see Fun. at the Wiltern in LA! I had absolutely no idea they were even in town. And I loved it. Every moment.
  3. My feet are always happiest in the sand. My feet got to meet the Pacific Ocean on Saturday. I hope this is just the beginning to a lovely relationship.
  4. I'm a midwest girl. As JJ and I were driving around Southern California (which is absolutely gorgeous) I couldn't help but be reminded why I love the midwest. I guess I like green grass and neighborhoods more than I realized.
  5. Penny from LOST is just as pretty in real life as she is on the show. Sunday morning we went to Marmalade Cafe in Malibu (I got a delicious mushroom, spinach, goat cheese fritatta - that was for you Gwen) and in walks Penny. I almost died. First and only celebrity spotting and my gosh, well worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment